AGF Withdraws Forgery Charge Against Senior Lawyer, Mike Ozekhome


Mike Ozekhome

The Federal Government has dropped the forgery charge previously filed against constitutional lawyer, Professor Mike Ozekhome (SAN).

The charge was filed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC), following a judgement of a London court in respect of a property belonging to former FCT minister, the late General Jeremiah Useni.

The Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation (OAGF), had last month taken over the case for effective prosecution.

But the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo (SAN), on Tuesday told Justice Peter Kekemeke of the FCT High Court that he was withdrawing the case file for “further instruction”.

Oyedepo said that the application was brought in line with Section 108 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

Responding, Paul Erokoro (SAN), who led the defense team, said he was not opposed to the withdrawal.

In a short ruling, Justice Kekemeke held that the application having not been objected, is granted and the charge thereby withdrawn and accordingly dismissed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibom Air Passenger Remanded In Prison

2025 GRAMMY AWARDS: Tems Wins Best African Music Performance [SEE FULL LIST OF WINNERS]

Ibom Air Bans Passenger For Life After Violent Assault On Crew And Security At Lagos Airport