Posts

“It's An Insult To Your Faith” – Nigerian Priest Warns Catholics Against Joining Hallelujah Challenge During Lent

Image
A Catholic priest has advised believers to refrain from participating in the Hallelujah Challenge during the Lenten season. Lenten season starts on Wednesday, February 18, 2026, with Ash Wednesday.  During this period, Catholics avoid saying "Hallelujah" since they see Lenten period as a solemn season of mourning and Hallelujah is a term used for rejoicing.  A Catholic Priest took to his Facebook account to send a message to Catholics as Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge and Lent fall within the same period.  The priest wrote:  "As a Catholic following the 'Hallelujah Challenge' during Lent is a big caricature of your baptism, Confirmation, all the Holy communion, masses and Rosaries you have ever done.  "It is an insult to your faith and a testament of your faithlessness  "Is the 'Hallelujah Challenge' bad…? Ofcourse not!!!  "However, if you are Catholic, you shouldn’t be caught with ashes in the morning and at night time Hallelu...

Lagos State DSVA Transfers Viral TikTok Rape Case To Ogun State Authorities

Image
The Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA) has confirmed that the sexual assault allegation involving TikTok content creator, Mirabel has been referred to the relevant authorities in Ogun State. In a statement released on Wednesday, the agency disclosed that it had established contact with a close associate of the survivor, who confirmed that she had been discharged from hospital care. “Following our earlier statement and the public response, we successfully established communication with a close friend of the survivor, who confirmed that she has been discharged from the hospital,”  the agency said. The case, which gained attention on social media under the hashtag #StopRapingWomen, triggered intense public outrage and renewed calls for stronger protection for survivors of sexual violence. The DSVA acknowledged the role played by members of the public in drawing attention to the incident. “We sincerely appreciate members of the public who provided helpful informatio...

Social Media Suspended In Gabon ‘Until Further Notice’

Image
  Gabon’s media regulator on Tuesday announced the suspension of social media platforms “until further notice”, blaming content posted online for stoking conflict and division in society. The High Authority for Communication imposed “the immediate suspension of social media platforms in Gabon”, its spokesman Jean-Claude Mendome said in a televised statement. He said “inappropriate, defamatory, hateful, and insulting content” was undermining “human dignity, public morality, the honour of citizens, social cohesion, the stability of the Republic’s institutions, and national security”. The communications body spokesman also cited the “spread of false information”, “cyberbullying” and “unauthorized disclosure of personal data” as reasons for the decision. These actions are likely, in the case of Gabon, to generate social conflict, destabilize the institutions of the Republic, and seriously jeopardize national unity, democratic progress, and achievements,” he added. The regulator did not...

₦432 BILLION PROBE: Nasir El-Rufai Spends Second Night With The EFCC As DSS Files Fresh Charges

Image
  Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai remained in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday night, as his lawyer, A.U. Mustapha (SAN), stepped up efforts to secure his bail. El-Rufai arrived at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja on Monday at about 10 a.m. in response to an invitation over an alleged ₦432 billion corruption probe but was detained for further questioning. Sources within the anti-graft agency indicated that investigators were considering seeking a remand order to extend his detention beyond the statutory period. An official of the commission, who spoke on condition of anonymity, dismissed reports circulating on social media that the former governor had been released. “Forget the speculations being peddled on social media that he has been released. He has not. El-Rufai is still with us and will be spending another night in custody.” “ He is very much with us and will remain so because the investigators are considering getting a r...

Nigerian Immigration Officer Allegedly Stabbed To Death By His Wife In Abia State

Image
Chidiebere James, a 38-year-old Nigeria Immigration Service officer, who was popularly known as “Agali,” was allegedly stabbed to death by his wife in Abia State. It was gathered that the incident occurred in Umuizi, Ekeoba Ohuhu, Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state on Monday, February 16, 2026.  The crisis reportedly began a day earlier after the couple engaged in a heated argument over their sick child and the officer’s alleged inability to provide money for medical treatment.  The disagreement was said to have been further complicated by accusations of infidelity after the wife allegedly discovered incriminating messages on the deceased’s mobile phone. Family members, including the deceased’s sister, were said to have intervened and temporarily restored calm.  However, tensions reportedly resurfaced early the following morning, leading to another confrontation inside the family residence. During the renewed quarrel, the situation allegedly escala...

“Napoli Treated Me Like A Dog” – Victor Osimhen

Image
  Victor Osimhen, the Super Eagles striker, has alleged that he was treated poorly, describing his time at Napoli as being “treated like a dog.” Osimhen stated this when asked about his relationship with Napoli’s president Aurelio De Laurentiis before the club released a video mocking him on TikTok for missing a penalty against Bologna in the past. According to the Galatasaray star, Napoli tried to send him everywhere after his fallout with the Serie A club. “We had a gentleman’s agreement that I could leave the following summer, but the other side didn’t fully fulfill that commitment,”  Osimhen told Gazzetta dello Sport. “They tried to send me everywhere, they treated me like a dog. Go here, go there, do this, do that. “I worked so hard for my career, I could not accept that kind of treatment. I’m not a puppet.” This is ahead of Galatasaray’s UEFA Champions League Round of 16 playoff first leg tie on Tuesday.

Defence Minister Confirms Presence Of The U.S Soldiers In Nigeria, Reveals Their Mission

Image
The Minister of Defence, Christopher Musa, has confirmed the presence of American military forces in Nigeria. The Minister confirmed that the presence of American soldiers in Nigeria was approved by the federal government, and they are in the country solely for training and technological support. Musa, who spoke with the newsmen at the Ministry of Defence, added that, particularly, the American soldiers have permission to work with their Nigerian counterparts in parts of Bauchi State in the task of combating terrorism and banditry. He affirmed the readiness of the federal government to work with other friendly nations in ensuring the war against terrorists is won. The Defence Minister pointed out that the collaboration with the United States is not strange or out of place, as Nigeria also does the same for other countries like Liberia, Tanzania and other nations. General Musa explained that Nigeria would benefit from the technology, drones and satellites from the United States in the o...