Nigerian Police Vow That TikToker Mirabel Will Face Prosecution If Her Rape Claim Is Proven False
The Ogun State Police Command has said that the alleged suspect in the sexual assault case involving Nigerian TikToker Mirabel (@mirab351) will be arrested and prosecuted if her claims are verified, while warning that she could face legal consequences if the allegations are proven false.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, made this known during a recent interview with Channels Television while addressing public concerns surrounding the ongoing investigation.
According to him, the police remain neutral and committed to establishing the truth through due process.
“In general, if she’s telling the truth, the perpetrator will be arrested and charged to court appropriately,” Babaseyi said.
“If it is otherwise, as you know, the law goes against giving false information, and that can make anyone who gives false information culpable.”
The police spokesperson also dismissed widespread claims circulating on social media alleging that the TikToker had been arrested by the police, describing such reports as false.
“What we are trying to dispel is that there’s an allegation online that the police arrested her. She was not arrested by the police. She had a case and reported at the police station and we are investigating it, not as people claim that she was arrested as seen on social media,” he added.
The clarification comes amid heightened public attention following reports that the Ogun State Police Command had launched an investigation into the alleged sexual assault after a viral video and emotional posts by the victim sparked nationwide outrage and renewed concerns over justice for survivors of sexual violence in Nigeria.
Earlier, police authorities disclosed that the Commissioner of Police directed the Divisional Police Officer of the Ibafo Division to immediately establish contact with the victim after the case surfaced online.
The victim subsequently reported at the Ibafo Police Station, where officers obtained preliminary details before discovering that the alleged incident occurred within the Ogijo jurisdiction.
She was thereafter escorted to a medical facility for examination and urgent treatment before being transferred to the Ogijo Police Station for proper documentation and continuation of investigative procedures.
Police authorities said the survivor was later referred for extended medical care due to her fragile medical and emotional condition, assuring the public that efforts were ongoing to ensure her safety while investigations continue.
The case, which reportedly occurred on February 15, gained national attention after the victim alleged in a viral video that an unidentified man forced his way into her apartment, restrained her, and threatened that his family’s influence could obstruct justice.
The incident has since triggered widespread calls for transparency and accountability, with Nigerians urging authorities to conduct a thorough and impartial investigation.

Comments
Post a Comment