[FULL GIST FROM BOTH PARTIES] Former Big Brother Naija Housemates, Bella And Sheggz Publicly Confirms End Of Relationship
A former Big Brother Naija housemate, Bella Okagbue, has confirmed the end of her relationship with fellow housemate, Segun Olusemo, popularly known as Sheggz, saying she chose to give him a second chance because she believed people could change.
Bella disclosed this in a statement shared on her Instagram story on Friday, days after Sheggz publicly confirmed that their relationship had ended in January 2026.
The reality TV star said she had remained silent while people narrated the story of their relationship on her behalf because she believed some matters were better kept private.
She however, said her silence should not be interpreted as an admission of wrongdoing.
“For the past few days, I have watched people tell my story for me. I stayed silent because I believed some things deserved to remain private, but my silence should never be mistaken for guilt,” she said.
Bella said she had loved genuinely and defended the relationship because she believed in it at the time.
According to her, she deliberately gave Sheggz another chance because she believed he could grow and change.
“I love genuinely. I defended the relationship because I believed in it at the time, and I chose to give someone I loved a second chance because I believe people can grow and change. That was my choice, and I own it,” she added.
However, she said believing in someone’s ability to change did not mean she was obligated to wait indefinitely.
“But believing in someone’s capacity to change does not obligate you to wait forever for that change,” Bella said.
She also noted that a person’s public image may differ from the version experienced privately in a relationship.
“The person everyone experiences publicly isn’t always the person you experience privately,” she said.
Addressing discussions surrounding marriage and the engagement ring, Bella rejected suggestions that wanting marriage with someone she loved amounted to desperation.
She said walking away from a relationship she no longer considered suitable for marriage was an act of discernment.
“On the marriage and the ring, let me be clear: wanting marriage with someone you love is not desperation. Knowing when not to marry them is discernment. Sometimes, it takes more courage to walk away than to stay,” she said.
She added that a ring could not resolve the underlying problems that had made the relationship untenable.
“A ring doesn’t fix what made a relationship impossible.”
Bella further spoke about promises she said were not fulfilled, saying she eventually began paying attention to patterns rather than words.
“A hundred promises. Not one fulfilled. At some point, you stop listening to promises and start paying attention to patterns,” she said.
She acknowledged that different versions of the events surrounding their breakup were circulating but said some aspects of her experience remained private.
“There are versions of events circulating that do not reflect my experience, just as there are parts of my experience I have chosen not to discuss publicly yet. Those are mine to tell, when appropriate,” she added.
Bella she had given love, change and loyalty opportunities, but reached a point where preserving her peace became more important.
“I gave love a chance. I gave change a chance. I gave loyalty in abundance. But even loyalty has an expiry date when trust, respect and peace can no longer coexist with it,” she said.
She concluded by saying she did not regret trying again but had now chosen to prioritise herself.
“I don’t regret being the woman who chose to try again. I respect the woman I am today enough to know when trying again is no longer the answer. So today, I choose myself. I choose differently, regardless of what comes with it.”
Sheggz had, on Tuesday, confirmed that his relationship with Bella had ended, saying the breakup occurred in January 2026.
He said he had initially avoided discussing the matter publicly out of respect for his family and because he preferred to keep his private life away from public scrutiny.
However, he said he decided to address the issue after what he described as attempts to damage his reputation.
“I have never spoken publicly on the internet out of respect for my family, and it simply isn’t my nature to do so,” he said.
He also denied allegations that he cheated on or abused Bella during their relationship.
“I am a man who values family, friendship, integrity and my faith. I am a brother, a friend to many and most importantly, I know the values I stand for. I am not an abuser.”
Sheggz also denied being unfaithful to Bella, saying he had remained single since their relationship ended.
“For clarity, I did not cheat on Bella, and I have been single since January 2026. The relationship ended in January 2026,” he said.
According to him, they attempted to reconcile after the breakup, but he eventually concluded that issues surrounding trust and respect made marriage difficult.
“We made attempts to reconcile afterwards, but ultimately I came to the conclusion that there were issues of trust and respect that I could not overlook when considering marriage,” he said.
Sheggz also revealed that he had gone through a difficult period in 2025, spending considerable time in and out of hospital before recovering in England.
He said he returned to Nigeria in October 2025 and subsequently became aware of information that made him question the honesty in the relationship.
Despite the difficulties, he said he had genuinely wanted the relationship to work and had purchased an engagement ring because he believed in their future together.
“I genuinely wanted the relationship to work. I even went as far as purchasing a ring because I believed in the possibility of a future together.”
Sheggz said he did not want the breakup to result in hostility between the two families and wished Bella well.
“I have no desire for hostility or public back-and-forth. I simply want to move forward peacefully with dignity and respect for everyone involved.”
The breakup has continued to generate discussion online, with unverified allegations of domestic violence forming part of the public conversation around the relationship. Neither party’s statements cited above independently establish those allegations as fact.

Comments
Post a Comment