“Why I Did Not Vote” - Basketmouth

 


Nigerian ace comedian, Bright Okpocha popularly known as Basketmouth, has explained why he did not vote in Saturday’s elections.

The comedian gave his reasons via his Instagram account on Monday.

He stated that he had shows outside of Nigeria planned for a year in advance to secure a good venue and that changing venues due to the election date would cause him logistical problems.

“I have always spoken up about the wrongs in this country. It’s quite unfortunate that I missed elections this year. However, my international shows are planned one year before, so as to secure the date and venue.

“To have changed my date on such short notice would have been a logistical hazard not to myself but to the whole crew. Elections have not always been in February. But my show always was, as a valentine special.

“That being said, I am proud of every Nigerian Youth for taking a stand. Thank you to my true fans that understood and still came out for me. Thank you Frankfrut for another sold out show. Cologne. You are next.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Junior Pope Was Never My Boyfriend” – Nollywood Actress, Ruby Ojiakor

Late Actor Junior Pope's Wife Recent Appearance Stirs Concerns

Davido Confirms Upcoming Wedding With Chioma Rowland

EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Vote-Buyers, Intercepts N11 Million Cash In Imo And Bayelsa States

Aunty Ramota Debunks BBL Surgery Rumour

Immigration Officer Bags 7-Year Jail Term Over Passport Fraud

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead