American Comedienne And Actress Kathy Griffin Reveals She Never Smoked But Diagnosed With Lung Cancer


American comedienne and actress Kathy Griffin revealed on Monday that she has been diagnosed with lung cancer despite having never smoked before.

“I’ve got to tell you guys something. I have cancer. I’m about to go into surgery to have half of my left lung removed. Yes, I have lung cancer even though I’ve never smoked!” the Griffin wrote on her Instagram and Twitter pages.

“The doctors are very optimistic as it is stage one and contained to my left lung. Hopefully no chemo or radiation after this and I should have normal function with my breathing. I should be up and running around as usual in a month or less.”

The Emmy-winning comedienne noted that the past four years have been difficult for her: “It’s been a helluva 4 years, trying to get back to work, making you guys laugh and entertaining you, but I’m gonna be just fine,” she said, referencing the controversy that surrounded her career in 2017 after she posed for an infamous picture with a fake, but graphic severed head of then-President Donald Trump.

Griffin also announced that she is vaccinated for COVID-19 and that if she wasn’t, her condition might have been worse: “Of course I am fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The consequences for being unvaccinated would have been even more serious. Please stay up to date on your medical check ups. It’ll save your life.”

In 2007 and 2008, Griffin won Primetime Emmy Awards for her reality show Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. She has also appeared in supporting roles in films.

Lung cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the lungs. Cancer starts when cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Not all people who get lung cancer smoke. According to the American Cancer Society, as many as 20 percent of people in the United States who died from lung cancer in 2018 a total of roughly 30,000 people never smoked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Junior Pope Was Never My Boyfriend” – Nollywood Actress, Ruby Ojiakor

Late Actor Junior Pope's Wife Recent Appearance Stirs Concerns

Davido Confirms Upcoming Wedding With Chioma Rowland

EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Vote-Buyers, Intercepts N11 Million Cash In Imo And Bayelsa States

Aunty Ramota Debunks BBL Surgery Rumour

Immigration Officer Bags 7-Year Jail Term Over Passport Fraud

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead