“I Went Through A Lot Because Of My Stunted Growth; It Got So Bad I Wanted To Commit Suicide” — Nollywood Actor, Chinedu Ikedieze

 


Nollywood star, Chinedu Ikedieze, popularly known as Aki, has revealed that he almost committed suicide when a doctor informed his mother that he has stunted growth.

Speaking in an interview with Chude Jideonwo in an interview published on Friday, the Nollywood star from Abia State in South-East Nigeria, said bullies nearly pushed him to end his own life.

He told the media personality that “as a little boy, I wanted to do many things”. 

“Something happened when I was nine years, six months. 

“I remember the man (doctor) saying, ‘Madam (his mother) what he has is stunted growth’. I saw another word, ‘growth retardation’.

“I was first of all looking for how to pronounce the word ‘retardation’. That was when I started hearing these two words.

“While they were throwing those tantrums on me, I cried several times. It got bad that there were times I thought of ending it all. Thank God I did not grow up in Lagos. Third Mainland Bridge is not far,” he said.

Ikedieze, who also noted that he and his siblings never had the typical parent-child bond, however, expressed gratitude to his mother, saying, “So, when I remember my mum’s input, how much she did to see us through, which would draw empathy, I’ll become emotional. 

“I’ll want to call her and know how she’s doing. But you know that kind of relationship people have with their parents, I never had.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Junior Pope Was Never My Boyfriend” – Nollywood Actress, Ruby Ojiakor

Late Actor Junior Pope's Wife Recent Appearance Stirs Concerns

Davido Confirms Upcoming Wedding With Chioma Rowland

EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Vote-Buyers, Intercepts N11 Million Cash In Imo And Bayelsa States

Aunty Ramota Debunks BBL Surgery Rumour

Immigration Officer Bags 7-Year Jail Term Over Passport Fraud

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead