“Why I Left Jonzing World” – Ruger

 


Michael Adebayo Olayinka popularly known as Ruger, recently parted ways with Jonzing World - the record label owned by D’Prince that brought him to the limelight and has decided to open up on what led to the separation.

Although Ruger said he appreciates his former record label boss for his efforts, he could not renew his contract because the label did not push his brand as much as he wanted.

The dancehall sensation accused his former label of using his money to fund up-and-coming artistes, saying he couldn’t endure that for five more years.

He wrote: “As much as I’m very appreciative of the fact that Jonzing world introduced me to the world, I just couldn’t continue with them because they got too comfortable with the money they were making from me and couldn’t push me further as I wanted to be pushed. Was supposed to renegotiate the contract but I couldn’t imagine 5 years more without action.

“Dey use my money Dey fund new artiste, leaving me in the dark, not being transparent. I just laugh. How e be now?


“I complained, I got angry, some people tell me say no be so dem Dey do things. I still go back HQ go collect fake hugs and handshakes. Nothing still change. I wan mad.


“Many things to talk but dem fit go wait for me for Ikoyi link bridge stab me wotowoto.”


Ruger had earlier in January announced his new record label named ‘Blown Boy Entertainment’.


The 24-year-old Kogi act has to his credit songs like Asiwaju, Bounce, Girlfriend amongst others.


Ruger rose to stardom in 2021 and won the AFRIMA Best Newcomer award, and also the Best New Artiste category at the 2023 Soundcity MVP Awards.


He has two extended plays (EPs) ‘Pandemic’ (2021) and ‘Second Wave’ (2022) and release his debut album  ‘RU The World’ in September 2023. He wears a black eye patch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Junior Pope Was Never My Boyfriend” – Nollywood Actress, Ruby Ojiakor

Late Actor Junior Pope's Wife Recent Appearance Stirs Concerns

Davido Confirms Upcoming Wedding With Chioma Rowland

EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Vote-Buyers, Intercepts N11 Million Cash In Imo And Bayelsa States

Aunty Ramota Debunks BBL Surgery Rumour

Immigration Officer Bags 7-Year Jail Term Over Passport Fraud

Veteran Nollywood Actress, Stella Ikwuegbu Is Dead