South African Comedian, Trevor Noah Exits American TV Show After 7 Years

 


After seven years of hosting The Daily Show, Trevor Noah has called it quits.

The 38-year-old South African comedian, TV host hinted on devoting more time to standup, saying “there’s another part of my life that I want to carry on exploring.”

Noah who was born in South Africa moved to the United States in 2011 had to fill the big shoes of longtime host Jon Stewart in 2015.

He quickly established himself with his own brand, suited for an era where online influence was often greater than that of content on cable television.

His reign on The Daily Show on Comedy Central required him to delicately cover some crucial moments in American history, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the Black Lives Matter movement and the 2021 attacks on the US Capitol.

“I spent two years in my apartment [during COVID-19], not on the road,” Noah told his studio audience late on Thursday. “Standup was done, and when I got back out there again, I realized that there’s another part of my life that I want to carry on exploring.”

The Daily Show shared a clip of Noah’s remarks on social media. We have laughed together, we have cried together. But after seven years, I feel like it’s time,” he said.

Noah concluded his remarks by thanking his viewers as his studio audience stood up to applaud him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerians Face New Financial Strain As Moniepoint, Opay And Others Impose N50 Electronic Money Transfer Levy

IPOB Commends Ebuka Obi, Advise Igbos To Bring Back Investments Home

“Why I’m Yet To Give Birth To A Child” – Obaseki's Wife Replies Oshiomhole

Yahoo Boy Bags 2-Year Jail Term For Impersonating Flavour N’abania, Defrauding US Citizen

TG Omori Undergoes Unsuccessful Kidney Transplant Surgery In Lagos

“Ten Years Of Pain, Tears, Heartbreak” – Singer Solidstar Praises Fiancée’s Loyalty

Nollywood Actress, Sharon Okpamen Dies After Childbirth